23 Feb - Call for Expressions of Interest to join the Pacifica Housing Board of Directors
Pacifica Housing acknowledges, honours and respects the Lekwungen speaking peoples of the Songhees Nation and Esquimalt Nation on whose territory Pacifica Housing operates, as well as the W̱ SÁNEĆ people and Snuneymuxw First Nation and Snaw’naw’ First Nation. We are thankful to be able to carry out our good work as we live and learn on these lands.
ABOUT PACIFICA HOUSING
Pacifica Housing is one of Vancouver Island’s largest operators and providers of affordable homes and supportive services. We provide affordable homes to more than 2,500 individuals and families in Greater Victoria and Nanaimo and serve over 200 people in the wider community.
is clear - equitable housing in pursuit of thriving communities and we accomplish this by providing over 1,400 affordable homes with new developments coming in the future.
is to advance the independence of individuals and families through equitable housing and supportive services.
are authenticity, leadership, respect and social justice. These shared values give us direction for our daily work and help us work better together.
is one of “housing with heart” – it incorporates housing first and harm reduction strategies.
CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Pacifica Housing is currently seeking individuals to join our board who possess any or a combination of the following:
• Individuals who bring experience in government relations, investment management, social entrepreneurship;
• Experience in strategic planning, human resources, fund development and public relations would be an asset;
• Individuals who bring an understanding of community needs through lived experience, social work or related background;
• At least one individual from the Nanaimo area;
• Pacifica Housing values diversity and inclusion, and therefore actively seeks candidates that are representative of the diverse communities we serve.
We are looking for individuals with:
• a strong commitment to non-profit housing and supportive services that advance the independence of individuals on Vancouver Island;
• an ability to think strategically and a willingness challenge an unjust status quo; and
• a willingness to promote Pacifica Housing.
Participation as a Director of Pacifica Housing is rewarding, interesting, and provides a high level of satisfaction. It is an opportunity to make an important contribution to the well-being of thousands of individuals and families, as Pacifica Housing is one of the largest providers of affordable housing and supportive services on Vancouver Island. It is also an opportunity to join a collaborative and collegial group that makes the vast majority of its decisions by consensus. Board members bring a wide range of expertise, respect for all opinions and a sense of humour to the Board meetings.
If you would like to receive a full Board recruitment package with information on how to submit your Expression of Interest, please contact Myriam Belliveau-Simard at MBelliveauSimard@pacificahousing.ca
Submissions for this round of recruitment will be accepted until March 25th, 2022.
<< Back to News