The Dalmatian, located at 1025 Johnson Street, is the first of its kind in Victoria. The mixed-use development will consist of 130 units of affordable housing located above a new Victoria Fire Hall No.1. Pacifica Housing will own and operate the purpose-built subsidized, low-end-market, and market units. Future residents of these new affordable rental homes will have access to studio, one-bedroom, two-bedroom and three-bedroom homes conveniently located close to transit routes, and downtown services and amenities.
1025 Johnson is the first development phase of Johnson|Cook|Yates, a new master planned community in downtown Victoria. Johnson|Cook|Yates will be a welcoming urban village with new homes, workplaces and gathering spaces that will provide convenience, comfort, recreation and affordability to the growing Harris Green neighbourhood. This non-smoking building will also house the city’s very first emergency centre, designed to withstand a massive earthquake and will meet the B.C. Building Code standards for buildings designed to remain operable following a disaster.
How to Apply
Applications are now being accepted for occupancy starting in February 2023. Rental rates for suites in this building are a combination of subsidized and affordable market rates. The type of rental you may be eligible for depends on your household income. See below for eligibility requirements, as set by BC Housing, to determine what application to complete.
Applying for a Subsidized Rental Suite
To be eligible for subsidized housing, an applicant’s gross household income must be below certain income limits, as established by the Housing Income Limits (HILs). HILs is set by BC Housing and represents the maximum annual income, before taxes, that a household can earn for suitable housing in their location.
You may qualify for a subsidized rental suite if you have been a BC resident for one continuous year and your annual household income is at or below:
• $50,000 for a studio or 1-bedroom suite
•$65,000 for a 2-bedroom suite
You must also have an active BC Housing file to be considered for a subsidized unit.
The application can be found here: https://www.bchousing.org/housing-assistance/rental-housing/subsidized-housing
Meet the above subsidized rental suite eligibility requirements? Click on the button below to apply now.
Applying for an Affordable Market Rental Suite
Affordable market rental suites are for people who have a low-to-moderate income, but may not be eligible for subsidized housing. An applicant must fall within the income levels as outlined below.
Total annual household income must fall within the following income figures, as determined by BC Housing:
• $50,001 to $82,310 for a studio or 1-bedroom suite
• $65,001 to $128,810 for a 2-bedroom suite
• $82,001 to $128,810 for a 3-bedroom suite
Meet the above affordable market rental suite eligibility requirements? Click on the button below to apply now.
Number of Units:
Studio, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom suites
Families, individuals, person with disabilities
Yes (7 accessible/adaptable suites)
Please direct all questions via email to Resident Services
Suites Photo Gallery
• Studio: 25 suites; average size: 370 sq. ft
• 1-Bedroom: 55 suites, including 4 accessible suites; average size: 546 sq. ft
• 2-Bedroom: 43 suites, including 3 accessible suites; average size: 760 sq. ft
• 3-Bedroom: 7 suites, average size: 1014 sq. ft
- 130 rental units that vary in size from studio to three bedrooms
- more than 190 bike racks at street level and secured in the parkade
- double high speed elevators
- a multipurpose community room for residents of the building
- a dog run and outdoor landscaped area
- the entire building, not just the Fire Hall and Emergency Operations Centre will be constructed to a post seismic highest level of importance
- All suites feature in-suite laundry
Pets allowed subject to approval. Please see our Pet Policy
for more information.